Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fall and stuff

I've been lazy with the blog for awhile so this is going to be a couple posts in one.

First, shortly after Carter was born we had the itch to go hiking and yet we had to wait till he was big enough to sit up and to fit inside a backpack carrier.  Luckily Carter has been a chunky monkey since he was born and he has loved to sit up (with help) since birth so he learned fast how to sit up by himself.  So we invested in a backpack carrier and set off for some outdoorsy fun.  Unfortunately there aren't too many hiking trails close to Tulsa so we headed north to Osage Hills State Park between Bartlesville & Pawhuska, OK.  They are filming a movie up there right now and I was hoping to casually run into Ewan McGregor but alas I did not.  

Anyway, back to hiking.  It was a fun ~ 2mile hike through the woods and by a lake.  It was a lot of fun and Carter loves being outside and in the carrier.  Here are a few pictures of that.


 I guess there needs to be an occasional picture with me in it.
 My Little Chubs having so much fun.
 On this trail there are remnants of a CCC camp.  There were footings for buildings, an amphitheater, and a fireplace.
Carter got a little tired on the hike.  Luckily this carrier has a very soft back so he could lean his head against it and take a little snooze.

Then of course it was Halloween.  Lilly originally wanted to be Snow White for Halloween and we were going to dress Carter up as one of the dwarfs but she changed her mind as soon as she saw that the pattern I bought for it had Cinderella too.  So she was Cinderella and I was lame and just got Carter some cute Halloween pjs.   I'll start making him costumes next year.  Anyway,  so we went to our wards Halloween party and then went trick or treating.  So here is Lilly and Carter in all their Halloween glory.  Enjoy


I was very proud of her hair.  I'm not that great with hair.  I'm just glad the internet has things I can copy
 She kept saying it was cold (it was 70degrees) and too bright so pretty much all the pictures we got had this grimace on her face

 My Little Monster and his faux-hawk

3 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

awwww she looks so gorgeous!! great job on the dress and the hair!! and your little guy is SO adorable!!!

Adams said...

If I had a little girl I would so pay you to make her dress up stuff. You are really good, Marie!

Becky said...

So cute! You are such an amazing sewer! Glad you got to get out in the great outdoors. Your kids are adorable and look so much alike!