Monday, August 20, 2012

Firsts...

The last few days have had some firsts for both of our kids and so this post will be dedicated to those.

The first First was for Carter.  We have been longing to go camping since we've been in Oklahoma but really there isn't very many good places to go that doesn't have a ton of people, bugs, snakes, or heat.  But Nate finally found a place around Table Rock Lake in Missouri and it was finally cool enough to spend time outside so we decided to take Carter on his first camping trip.

We already knew that Carter liked being outside before we took him camping because if he is ever really upset all you have to do is take him outside and he'll usually calm down (it must be in his blood). We have been truly blessed with outdoorsy kids. We already want to go again.  Too bad its a 3 hr one way trip.

 My 4 month old camper
 Lilly is a camping pro

 I put Carter in my sleeping bag after I feed him at about 5am cause I couldn't go back to sleep.  He obviously didn't have that problem cause he slept till about 9:00.
 Lilly always sleeps later when camping too. 
There were a ton of mussel shells on the lake shore and Lilly had so much fun collecting them.
Nate also got up early and took some pictures of Sunrise over the lake.

The 2nd First we had was for Lilly.  My little girl started Kindergarten this year and I have to tell you that it was not easy for me.  Lilly and I have never been apart for more than a day or two at a time and even then she is with family.  I have a very difficult time trusting other people with my children and to send Lilly off to school for 8 hrs a day, where I couldn't be with her or protect her was very difficult.  But we did it and she absolutely loved school.  I'm glad that she's so outgoing because if she would have cried when I left her I would have had a major melt down.  So we survived her first day and I'm sure the days will get easier as time goes by.  Here are some pictures of our cute little Kindergartener. 

 Tulsa Public Schools requires all their students to wear uniforms and I think Lilly looked so cute in hers.  She can also wear blue, black, or grey polo shirts and Khaki or black shorts, pants, skorts, or jumpers.
 Isn't she so cute
 She looks so small.

This was a big milestone week for us and somehow it made us feel like real parents.

1 comment:

Adams said...

She sure is cute, Marie Bee :) I bet you can't believe that you have a little girl going to a Tulsa school! You are such a small town girl, well, that is what I remember you as.