We had a great Easter Sunday. Lilly got up early and played with the things she got from the Easter Bunny and then we spent the morning getting dressed up for church. Lilly was so excited to wear her new Easter dress and shoes. I almost waited too long to get her dress this year but I thought the one we picked out was really cute. I love buying Easter clothes for the bug. She gets so excited to wear them.
We then went to church and had a great sacrament program that included lots of music, which is always nice. Then Nate went home early to get some stuff ready for the afternoon activities while Lilly and I stayed at church so I could teach my CTR 4 class. The kids were so quiet and I don't know know if they really understood the idea of resurrection but I enjoyed trying to teach them about the good news of the gospel.
We then went home and found my sister Spring and her family had arrived. Nate had hid all the Easter eggs and my dad and step-mom were just starting to grill burgers. While I was throwing some potato salad together, the kids got to hunt all the eggs and even though my niece and nephews are quite a bit older that Lilly, they had fun searching for all the eggs. I don't think Easter egg hunts are something you really grow out of.
We then ate lots of yummy food and just enjoyed being together. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the rousing game of touch football that then ensued after lunch but it was fun watching Lilly try to play with the big kids, and watching Nate play too. It was a great day and I am truly grateful that I got to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior with my family.
Some pictures of the Festivities






No comments:
Post a Comment