Monday, April 9, 2012

Look what I made!

Two blog posts in one day, Crazy!  Well this one is a shameless brag post.  I have a friend that is in the ward I grew up in who was pregnant and due at the same time I am (she lucked out and had her baby yesterday) and as a gift I wanted to make her baby's blessing dress.  This is very out of normal for me because I don't usually make anything for anybody else because I don't think I'm a good enough seamstress.  Anyway,  I tried my best and even though it took me a whole week of sewing and seam-ripping and re-sewing (I'm a perfectionist so it took longer than it should have)  I finally finished it.   It is one the most elaborate things I've sewn and I must say that I really don't enjoy sewing with satin.  It frays way too easy and slides too much and it will run like none other.  Nevertheless I must say that I am very proud of myself and it turned out very pretty although the pictures don't really do it justice.  So here is my latest project.

The pictures aren't the best because the fabric was so shiny and it was hard to get a picture of the detail.

The Front

 I'm very proud of my pin-tucks.  This is the first time I've ever done them.

Details at the bottom of the dress.  Its hard to tell but there are pin-tucks at the bottom too.

 The back

5 comments:

Adams said...

I saw the title "Look what I made!" and got all excited thinking it was a picture and news of your new arrival! But still, your dress is beautiful! Tara will be thrilled! Love you!

Jennie Holt said...

wow i am super impressed! pin tucks scare the crap out of me. it is gorgeous!!!

Becky said...

Wow! Satin is a beast - you did an amazing job!! Can't wait to see your new arrival!

Kimberly said...

That is so beautiful! You have such a great talent for sewing!

Char said...

Thats Beautiful Marie!!! I love it. Congratulations on the new man in your life. He's adorable.