Yesterday was quite the day. Not so much for Nate and I but for most of the rest of my family. I knew that moving back to Oklahoma in May would mean that we would experience some severe weather and I was not looking forward to it, but I didn't realize just how close to home it would get. If you have seen Joplin, MO on the news you know what I mean. Joplin is only about 2 1/2 hrs away from Tulsa and only about 45min away from where I grew up. Yesterday a large part of the town was leveled by a tornado. Yesterday evening also brought lots of worry about my family members who were in the path of the same major storm that hit Joplin. My sister, Spring and her family, spent about 3 1/2 hrs in their storm shelter. The town that they live in, Zena, which is a tiny little town (if you can even call it a town) was hit by a tornado that caused a lot of damage, but my sisters house was not damaged. I was very worried about my family and friends (luckily they are all okay) and it also made me question why we ever moved back here and wishing we were still in Idaho or New Mexico where it is safe (especially since we're suppose to get more severe storms for the next two days). But then I remembered that you can't live in fear and everywhere can have disasters.
We are here for a reason and I just hope and pray that we will be okay and trust in the Lord. I use to be much braver when it came to living in Tornado Alley but I think that Lilly has made me a little weak. Anyway, this is as much as we got yesterday.
This is about golf ball size hail but there were reports of baseball size less than 2 miles away from us.
And this is just a couple of pictures to remind me of the great moments we've already had while we've been here.
My heart and prayers continue to go out to those who were affected by the tornado in Joplin.
2 comments:
Wow, I'm so sorry you're in the middle of that! Stay safe, you'll be in our prayers!
Me want to see you!
Post a Comment