Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

It was a great Thanksgiving here in New Mexico. We originally were planning to go to Oklahoma for Turkey day but it just didn't work out so we had a nice little Thanksgiving at home. This was the first time that I've been completely responsible for dinner and although it was a little tiring, I think all the food turned out really well.

Nate got up this morning and played tag football in the Turkey Bowl that a couple of the wards in Las Cruces had. He had a lot of fun while I stayed and cooked and Lilly watched the parades on TV. Then Nate had to run to the store really quick to get more potatoes (the ones we had went bad) and to grab a paper so he could look at the ads even though we don't do Black Friday Shopping. Lilly had fun looking at the ads and telling us everything she wanted, which was pretty much everything. I actually really enjoyed cooking and was very proud of the outcome, especially since everything was from scratch (even the rolls and stuffing). While we were eating we asked Lilly what she was thankful for to which she responded "I'm thankful for gravy." I guess that's the Oklahoman in her. We both really missed being with our families but we had a good Thanksgiving anyway. Here are a few pictures of our day.



This is only the 2nd Turkey I've ever made. It was really good.

This is what happens when you eat too much Turkey. She was out within about a half hr of eating.

2 comments:

Adams said...

Hey, I've had those yummy famous rolls of yours a few times!

Char said...

I'm thankful for gravy too. Potatoes just arent the same without it. You're and inspiration. I would have made Stove Top and Rhodes rolls. Then I would have had Ryan fry the turkey.