Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Fun!

We have had a lot of fun the last few days with everything Halloween. We had one of Lilly's friends, James, spending some time with us on Thursday and Friday. We carved and painted pumpkins on Thursday. Lilly chose the Frankenstein stencil for one of the pumpkins and James picked the Alien one. Nate and I figured that since he is a native New Mexican that it is only appropriate that he pick the Alien. Anyway, it was fun watching them paint the pumpkins and they turned out really cute.







Friday we made some Halloween cupcakes to take to the ward Trunk-or-Treat Friday night. Lilly has been so excited for the trunk or treat and has talked about nothing but being Tinkerbell for Halloween for about the last 2 weeks. I was trying to think of ways I could do her hair for it and then it hit me that I could tie her hair in rags and make it super curly and then just put it in a ponytail and spay it with glitter hairspray. I have very fond memories of my grandma putting my hair in rags when I was little so it was a little nostalgic for me now doing it to my own daughter. Unfortunately her hair was too short for it to really turn out well. When I took all the rags out it made her look like she had a fro. So I ended up wetting it down and fixing it a different way. Anyway, we went to the ward trunk-or-treat and had a lot of fun even though it was really cold, which you can tell by the picture of Lilly's runny nose. But it was a lot of fun and Lilly got a lot of candy. She was so excited. I love Halloween!!!











3 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

so fun!! her costume is so cute marie!! you are awesome!!

Adams said...

You even have the tinkerbell movie on the back of your couch... Getting in the spirit!

Char said...

I'm not sure why you didn't go with the fro. I use cheap foam curlers on my girls. Their hair will be a bit on the wild side until I put pomade in it. I have yet to get an awesome fro like that though. LOVE IT! I adore the costume. So cute!!! I wish I could sew. What a fun tradition to make costumes every year.