Saturday, August 1, 2009

You know you live in the desert when...

you celebrate when water falls from the sky. IT ACTUALLY RAINED TODAY!!! If it seems like I'm excited, well, I am. It has been forever since it has actually rained. There have been plenty of storms that go around Las Cruces, but not one of them has brought any rain to Las Cruces. One day we actually got in the car and chased some rain. Today we thought it would be the same dry thunder storm but no, it actually rained. We were so excited that we opened our back door and let Lilly play in it till she was soaked. I would have let her go out into the back yard and play in it but our back yard is filled with sticker plants so no going bare foot back there. She had a lot of fun though and here are some pictures of her fun.









6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I LOVE the pictures. They are all so cute! I can't imagine not having any rain ever. It's not like a rain forest here, but we've had quite a bit this summer and I love it. Glad you (and Lilly) got to enjoy it!

David Adams said...

Those are some really cute pictures, Marie!

Adams said...

Oh, that last comment was from me! I didn't realize I was under David's account. :)

Jaron said...

Lily is so stinkin' cute! What great pictures, Marie! You've got a great talent!!

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Nate is actually the one that took the Pictures. He's really good with the camera.

Aimee said...

She is so cute!