Saturday, August 8, 2009

Stories of Lilly

I often forget that the reason I'm writing this blog is for a type of journal (since I'm not that great at writing in my actual journal). Anyway, Lilly has always been a character, to say the least, and I decided that these are things I want to remember about her so here are a couple of little stories that I will always want to remember...

A couple weeks ago we had corn on the cob with dinner. Lilly is interested in putting stuff up her nose recently. As you would guess, she put a huge piece of corn up her left nostril and then proceeded to stick her finger up after it, pushing the corn further up. She then refused to let us try to get it out and of course I'm starting to freak out, thinking we're gonna have to take her to the emergency room to get it out. We let her calm down (Nate gives her a blessing) and after a bath and bribing her with a sonic slush (she's obsessed with them) she finally let us get it out. Prayers are answered, even when they are ridiculous and Heavenly Father is probably up there laughing about the whole scenario.

A couple days after the corn fiasco, I am sitting on the couch and Lilly is playing. She's really been into playing pretend lately. Anyway, she crawls up onto the back of the couch behind me and says "Mommy, I gonna give you a blessing." She puts her little hands on my head and the says "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless this food...Amen" It was so cute and I couldn't help but laugh. She was so proud of herself when she was done.

I love my little girl so much. I'm going to try to be better at writing these things down so I'll be able to embarrass her with, oh I mean, tell her about them when she grows up. Which she is doing so fast. I LOVE MY LILLY BUG!

1 comment:

Adams said...

I love the comment about Heavenly Father laughing at the whole situation! I'd like to think He has a great sense of humor!
I'll never forget Levi trying his hardest to put his hands on top of Daddy's while Daddy was giving baby Brigham a blessing. It was so sweet.