Well, we just got back from a very busy and very fun trip to Idaho to visit Nate's family. We left Monday, June 22nd and decided to take a more scenic route to Colorado. We ended up going up through Santa Fe and then over to Durango, CO where we camped for the night. It was such a beautiful drive and none of the pictures we took could have done it justice but trust me it was gorgeous. The next day we packed up and headed for Mesa Verde National Park. It was a lot of fun to see the cliff dwellings and stuff there. Lilly loved climbing the stairs. Then after that, we headed north again and drove through the La Sal Mountains in Utah and eventually we got to Idaho.
While we were in Idaho we went camping for a couple days with Nate's dad, bro, sis-in-law, and nieces. Lilly loves camping. She is still begging to go camping again in the mountains with grandpa and Carlie and Clara. I got to see my first moose ever and it even had a little calf.
We also had a get together with all of Nate's mom's family which was a lot of fun. Then after all that we went to Yellowstone. It was Lilly's first time and she loved the geysers and bubbling pond things. Nate and I even saw some things we hadn't seen before. On the fourth of July we had a bbq and then we went up in the foothills of IF and watched the fireworks. It was a really busy couple weeks.
We left on Sunday, July 5 and took Lilly to temple square in Salt Lake on the way through the valley. Temple square is one of my favorite places and Lilly loved the Christus. We drove through Manti and Ephraim and then stayed the night in Richfield, UT and then the next day went to Arches on the way through Moab. Nate loves Moab. It was my first time to Arches and I thought it was really cool even though it was 100 degrees.
Finally we got home on the 7th and were glad to be home. It was a really fun trip and probably the last one we'll get to take for a while since, hopefully, next summer Nate will have a job. Anyway, thanks to everyone that made our vacation great. Now enjoy some pictures.
Camping in Durango, CO
One of the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde
When we went camping, we also went on a drive up in the mountains and there were fields of wild white daisies. It was beautiful. Daisies are my favorite. Here is just one picture we got of Lilly and her cousin Clara in one of the fields.

My first Moose and her calf
We went to the park one day and Lilly was on a big girl swing for the first time. I love this picture.
Watching Dragon's Breath at Yellowstone

This is my most favorite picture that we took the entire trip. Its just so sweet.

Playing in a fountain outside the temple
Delicate Arch
Lilly was so happy when we got home that she proceeded to give all her stuffed animals loves and then trashed her room with toys and books. There's no place like home. And now you've reached ...
The End
6 comments:
Wow what a fun trip! I would love to see those cliff dwellings. How cool. It looks like you went to the temple at a great time. You got some great pictures without anyone else in them. We love temple square. That moose pic is beautiful. Looks like a great vacation.
looks like so much fun!! i am still sad i never got to see you!! we really need to do it next year eh?
Sounds like a great vacation! I loved all the pictures. That one of the daisies is so cute. And the one with the Christus looks like one that should be in a magazine or something!
What a great trip! You guys saw so much. Lily looks like such a sweetie. What a cutie-pie. I love the daisies picture. I'm SO SAD we missed you guys in Idaho Falls. Too bad the reunion never happened...let's aim for 2011. Then I will come - promise!
so cute I miss you like crazy! Also when are you going to give Lily those brothers!
Those are some really great pictures. I can't say which is my favorite...but David wants to know if those are pot plants in the first picture....I know, he's a weirdo!!!!
Post a Comment