I know that I just posted a couple days ago but I was sitting at our table today while Lilly was drinking out of a big girl cup and realized that I don't have a baby any more and I felt compelled to write this little post.
My little girl is growing up so fast and it makes me sad. She has grown so much this year its crazy. In the past year she has learned to walk, talk in complete sentences, run, jump, sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, count to 11, Sing her ABC's, eat with a real fork, drink from a real cup, and do a million other big girl things. I know that she will continue to grow and need me less and less. I love seeing her grow and learn but that doesn't make me miss my little baby girl any less. She is the funniest little girl in the world. She almost always has a smile on her face and whether she's dancing, making funny faces, talking about chocolate monkeys, or pretending she's invisible with her eyes closed when she has something she knows she's not suppose to, she is always making us laugh. And even though I miss the times where she lets me hold and cuddle her, I wouldn't trade her for anything. Especially when she crawls up on my lap and in her sweet little voice says "momma, I lub you." We love her so very much and are so grateful to have her in our family. I know I'll never get my sweet little baby back but I know that I will always have my sweet little girl.
2 comments:
I have those feelings for each one of my kids. I think thats why I have so many young kids. I still have mixed feelings with each birthday and them growing up.
I love Lilly's thought process! I wish things were as simple as they see things.....maybe all us adults should take a lesson or two from them!
Post a Comment