Saturday, January 10, 2015

And 5 months later...

Okay so I know that it has been a long time since I've written about anything but that is because between Nate working and Lilly going to school and me chasing around Carter, we haven't really done all that much.  But I do think that there are a few things that are blog worthy.  Anyway, here we go with our latest update on us...

I guess the first thing that I should blog about is that in early September, we discovered that we would be adding another little one to our brood of hooligans.  We are really excited but I've also discovered that pregnancy is a young persons game.  This pregnancy has been the hardest yet.  I was really sick when I was pregnant with Lilly but it ended at 12 weeks and the rest was a breeze, with Carter I was nauseous for a few weeks but never sick.  This kid is a completely different story.  I have been sick/nauseous and continue to be so non-stop since about 6 weeks (I'm currently at 22wks).  Its been miserable and continues to be not fun at all (which is one of the main reasons this will be our last).  Anyway, despite all the nausea and heartburn and whatnot, we are really excited to add another little boy to our family.  Lilly was sad she wouldn't be getting a little sister but since we've pointed out that she will never have to share a room or clothes or toys, she's happy with the results.

Carter tends to be a little ball of 2yr old non-stop energy.  He is so much fun though.  He has taken possession of the new baby as his own and insists the he also be named Carter.  We are currently potty training and he has done fantastically so far.  I always hear how hard boys are to potty train but he has only had a couple accidents and is just doing great.  Now that I've put that in writing, its probably going to be terrible from here on out.  Anyway,  Carter is so funny and so much a boy.  He wanted nothing else for Christmas but tools and cars.  He loves playing catch with his Denver Broncos football and loves to squish Lilly whenever he can.  He also loves to laugh at all bodily functions.  Sometimes I think he belongs to my friend Alisa =).  We love him so much and he brings so much fun to our family.

Lilly continues to grow and grow and grow and I don't like it one bit.  She recently turned 8 which is just crazy to me.  She had a great birthday though.  We're not exactly "Birthday Party" kind of  people but we do celebrate it as a family.  She opened presents, went out for her birthday dinner (her choice), ate cake/ice cream and then went out to a movie of her choosing.  (Steph she absolutely loves her scripture bag you made her.  You're so talented)

Lilly has decided that she wants to postpone her baptism to June so that more family can come.  We will be blessing the baby at that time too so we're killing two birds with one stone.  Lilly is super sweet and funny and thoughtful and such a nerd (in a good way).  She loves school and her teachers always tell me how good of a student she is.  She is currently spending half of her day with the 3rd grade class and the other half in her 2nd grade class.  Her teacher originally wanted to have her completely skip 2nd grade but I'm not quite ready for that.  That would mean she would be a 7-8 yr old 3rd grader and eventually be in middle school at 10-11yrs old.  Yeah not so much.  So she is being tested for an IEP which is so weird for me.  They don't have a Gifted/Talented program in NM so if she qualifies, she will be on an IEP for advanced students, I had no idea they even did that.  Anyway, she is doing very well and is happy and healthy and that is all we can ask for. 

Nate continues to love his job.  He especially loves working for a University since he gets almost a month off for Christmas break, Spring break off, and then the entire Summer off (unless he gets a summer contract like he did last summer).  He is currently working on getting articles published (a requirement for tenure) and is working on digitizing the Clyde Tombaugh collection.  Clyde Tombaugh is the scientist that discovered Pluto and taught at NMSU.  Its really interesting stuff he gets to go through.  Stuff like personal letters and pictures and research.  Lilly is really interested in it because she loves all things space related.  

I on the other hand don't have a lot going on (besides being perpetually nauseous).  I continue to serve as primary president in our ward and continue to feel extremely inadequate at it.  I just kind of fake my way through it since I really don't have any clue what I'm doing.  But no body has said I'm doing anything wrong so I guess I must not be messing up too much.  I do love my calling though.  Those kids are great.  I love staying home with Carter and get so many hugs and kisses throughout the day.  Its fantastic.  And that's pretty much what I do.

We haven't really gotten to get out and do a whole lot of stuff outside in the last few months which is unfortunate.  We did go sledding at White Sands and Nate has taken Lilly on a few hikes but that's pretty much it.  Hopefully this Spring/Summer we can do more cause I really miss it.  

Anywho (that was for you Alisa) that's pretty much it.  Here are a few pictures from our time at White Sands and hiking. 

 Hiking up the Organ mountains at Aguirre Springs


 Sledding in the Sand.  As fun as sledding in the snow without the cold.
She looks terrified but I promise she had so much fun.

No comments: