Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lucky Number 7

So this thing

Turned 7 years old today.  Its hard for me to remember what it was like when she wasn't in our family.  When I was pregnant and found out we were having a girl, I was immediately nervous about having a girl.  I've never been a girly girl and I really have no clue about hair and makeup and whatnot but somehow I have managed to have one very girly girl.  My sister Spring and I actually joke that our daughters must have been switched because she has a tom-boy and Spring is very girly.   Actually, I have the best of both worlds with Lilly.  She is girly and likes to dress up and play princess but she is also outdoorsy (a must for this family) and doesn't mind getting a little dirt or mud on her hands.

One of the things I really love about Lilly is how sentimental she is about a lot of things.  For example, she has 2 $1 coins that Grandpa Kieth gave her and she refuses to even think about spending because they are special and Grandpa gave them too her.  For her birthday this year she wanted a Coca-cola cake because one time she helped Grandma Callie make it and Grandma let her have a little bit of coke to drink.

Lilly has also always had a great memory about things that mean a lot to her.  She remembers when her and Grandpa Brown would go on "dates" to breakfast/lunch when we lived in Idaho (3yrs ago) and when Grandma Brown took her to see an Easter movie and they ate popcorn together.  

I love that she has those kinds of memories and she holds them dear.  I love this girl.  She is sweet and dramatic and outgoing and shy sometimes and girly and not girly.  We really did get the perfect little girl for our family whenever she was born.  So Happy Birthday to our Lilly-Bug...We love you Lilly!

2 comments:

Adams said...

And you forgot to mention how PRETTY she is! :)

Becky said...

What a sweet, sweet girl! Happy birthday, Lilly!