The festivities all started on Wednesday, Oct. 30th with our Ward Trunk or Treat/Halloween carnival. Our ward combined with another ward in our building and made a cute carnival with lots of different games to play. Lilly had a lot of fun playing all the games and getting candy but Carter had other plans. He played one round of pumpkin bowling and then the rest of the carnival was spent wandering the church building until the trunk or treat started. Lilly had a ton of fun trunk or treating as did Carter but he wanted to eat it immediately after he got it and a monster fit ensued. I finally placated him with a dumb dumb sucker so we could finish the trunk or treat and then head home.
Then on the actual Halloween, we took the kids trick or treating at the mall. I often wish we lived in an area where we could go trick or treating in an actual neighborhood but that's just not the way it is now (maybe someday). The kids had fun anyway and I liked seeing all the cute kids in costumes. There were a few adults that needed to cover up some but what can ya do.
Finally on Friday, Nov. 1st, Lilly's school had a "Fall Festival" with lots of little games for the kids to play and get even more candy. We are about candied out. It was fun seeing Lilly lead us around her school and from classroom to classroom and seeing her interact with her friends. I have no idea when she decided to grow up and be such a big kid.
It was a fun and long Halloween holiday and I am sure glad its done with.



No comments:
Post a Comment