This girl loves her daddy.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Nothing like a brisk Winter hike
Okay the hike wasn't so brisk really. Yesterday it was 68degrees. Definitely not a typical January day. So because it was so beautiful we decided to take a quick jaunt out to the Red Bud Valley Nature Preserve, which is just outside of Tulsa. One of the weird and kind of cool things about Tulsa is that you could be in the thick of the city and drive about 10 miles and be out in the country. Sometimes depending on what part of the city you are in, you could drive just a couple miles. But anyway, We grabbed some lunch and had a little picnic and then went on a small 1.5 mile hike. It was such a beautiful day. It wasn't too strenuous of a hike which was nice for the 6month pregnant lady and Lilly had so much fun. She is becoming a good hiker. It helps that she has always been kind of a cautious kid and so whenever she was unsure of her footing she knew she could ask for help. It was a fun hike and we saw lots of deer and coyote tracks and for some reason there were yucca and prickly pear cactus too. Here is the one picture we took of our fun day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am soooooooo happy to be here but I do have to say that I love that about Oklahoma too! I love small towns. I love how cities don't run into each other like out here.
Post a Comment