Its official...I'm addicted. Actually I've been really interested in family history for a while but in the last couple years I haven't gotten to do much which isn't good because I have soooooooooooooooo much to do. My dad has been really great at it and has his family back to the 15th century which is cool, but my mom didn't have hardly any of hers done and it has been a challenge to find anything past her grandfather. I had tried and tried and tried before to find the missing link and today. I FINALLY FOUND THE MOTHER LOAD. I am so excited that I just had to share. I love census records and by finding one person on an 1860 census record, I found about 40+ other people and now am back to 1762 on one line. Its great and I love doing it. I still have so much work to do but I am so excited to do it.
One of the really fun things that I love about Family History research is finding old pictures. Below is a picture of my Great-Great Grandfather (he's number 10, the one with the sweet beard). He served on the confederate side during the Civil War.

3 comments:
Wow, Marie! That is impressive!
What a cool picture!
Thats awesome. and a VERY sweet beard! ha ha
Post a Comment