Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm a big kid now!


We are officially declaring Lilly a big girl. She is Day Potty-Trained. It took us about 2 & 1/2 weeks of putting her on the potty every 15 minutes and then rewarding her with M&M's when she did start going in the potty. I've never been so proud. It seemed like it was taking forever but now I'm so happy that I don't have to change any more diapers till we have another baby. Which won't be happening for a while. Now we just have to work on night training but I don't think Lilly is ready for that quite yet.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! You are so lucky. Potty-training is awful while you are doing it, but so great once it's done! I'm excited and nervous to start Kennedy. I keep telling her as soon as it's her birthday (in a week), we're getting rid of the diapers and starting on panties. So far she seems pretty excited about it. Congrats to Lilly on being potty-trained!

Becky said...

Way to go Marie! You deserve a crown!! Sticking it out the first time around is definitely the best way to go, even though it seems AWFUL going through it. So that we didn't confuse Alden, we potty trained 100% at first - day and night. I would put him to bed and then slip a diaper over his jammies after he was asleep. In the morning, I would just slip it off without drawing any attention to it. I read a thing from a lady who said kids usually wet right when they wake up so if you go into their room in the morning and wake them up saying you're about to take them potty, they theoretically should still be dry. Worked for us but every kid's different!

Char said...

What an accomplishment! Potty training can be such a pain but its so worth it in the end. Yeah!!!