This was about a month ago but I forgot to post about it so yeah here it goes.
I actually had the opportunity to help out Lilly's class for the first time on her first field trip. I don't get to volunteer very much because I have no one to watch Carter and so when I can take him along I jump at the chance. So Lilly and her class got to go to the Mesilla Valley Corn Maze/ Pumpkin Patch at the end of Sept.
She has actually been there before but she was too young to remember it but it seems that they have really built it up in the last couple years. Its much bigger than I remember and there are a lot more activities. I remember it being a lot more fun then too but that was probably because the first time we went with friends that no longer live here. Anywho, it must have been the day for every school in the city to come to the maze because there were tons of kids there. It was a little chaotic trying to keep track of twenty 1st graders. Lilly's teacher compared it to trying to wrangle a herd of cats, which was mostly true. So here are some pictures of the festivities.
Pickin out her pumpkin. The first one she picked was huge but I told her she'd have to carry it and then she changed her mind an picked a much more reasonable sized pumpkin
Carter liked mingling with big kids
It was fun watching Lilly interact with kids in her class and not depending on me.
He loves his pumpkin and would cry if I tried to take it away.
That little speck was Lilly. She loved the slides
Everyone had a good time (including Carter although he was grumpy at
first) and no one got lost and everyone got to take home a pumpkin. All in all a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment