When we lived in New Mexico before, we took this hike with Lilly and so decided to take Carter yesterday. It was much easier this time because last time we ended up carrying 2yr old Lilly nearly the entire ~3 miles. It was not so much fun but this time Lilly walked the entire way (there's no way I was going to carry her this time) and Carter was carried by Nate in the backpack carrier. I don't know if Nate enjoyed himself more this time since he still had to carry a 30lb toddler on his back but I enjoyed myself as did the children. We both discovered that we are way out of shape and need to exercise more but I guess if we keep hiking in the desert we'll eventually get into shape right? Anyway, enough of my nonsensical ramblings and on to the pictures.
We let Carter "hike" on his own for a little while but he was slow going and stopped to look at rocks every few feet so he was put back into the carrier.
Having fun Playing in the spring water.
Hanging out in the ruins of an old cabin at the base of the mountain.
Don't let Nate's smile fool you. By this time his shoulders and back were killing him from haulin around this monster.
1 comment:
I LOVE Carter's fat cheeks! Wanna pinch em!
Post a Comment