Thursday, July 1, 2010

Enjoying the great Outdoors

Since we've been in Idaho we have had the opportunity to spend some time doing one of our most favorite things...Camping.  I was  lucky enough to marry into a family that is very good at camping and we got to go camping a couple of times in the last week or so.

On our first trip, we went up to Stoddard Creek (just north of Spencer, ID) with Nate's parents.  It is inevitable that every time we go to Stoddard that we end up getting rained on.  This trip was no exception but lucky for us it only rained for about 15 minutes the first night we were there and didn't rain again. On the second day we were camping, Nate, Lilly, & I drove up a road called the Boatman Springs road that leads up to the Continental Divide along the Idaho/Montana border. I was thinking when we were up there just how many times I've crossed the divide and I concluded that it was too many times to count.  We then went up to Paul Reservoir to meet up with Nate's dad and drive back together.  It was on that drive back that I saw my first bull moose. I was so excited.
Stoddard Creek CG, Idaho
 Lilly loved hanging out in and around Grandma & Grandpa's trailer.
Looking into Centennial Valley, MT, from Idaho
This is looking from the Idaho border into Montana.
Continental Divide,Clark County, Idaho
It was very cold and windy on top of this part of the divide.
Stoddard Creek CG, Idaho
Me and my bug.
Stoddard Creek CG, Idaho
Lilly and her daddy
Moose 
The Moose
The next trip we took with Nate's brother and his family and we went to Big Springs in Island Park.  Lilly had so much fun camping with her two little cousins Carlie and Clara.  There were a lot of mosquitoes but we were loaded up on bug spray and had a lot of fun.  The next day we took the Red Rock Road that went from Island Park, over the divide again, and into Monida, MT.  We saw so many beautiful vistas and it made me think how grateful that we live in such a beautiful country.  On our way we saw a whole lot of prong horns, a few deer, more than enough ground squirrels, and even a couple trumpeter swans.  It was a great couple days and we slept very well when we got home.
Big Springs
 The Only fish we saw at Big Springs
 Big Springs CG, Idaho
Camping Cousins
Red Rock Pass, Idaho/Montana border
On the divide again.  It was much warmer down on this part of it.
Red Rock Lakes NWR, Montana
Throwing rocks into the lake.
Red Rock Lakes NWR
Beautiful Montana

We had so much fun camping this last week and can hardly wait to go again.

2 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

so fun! don't you just love summer and camping??! I cannot believe how big lilly is! and i have never even met her...sad!

Kimberly said...

All of those pictures are sooooo awesome!